The role of adviser includes
- Greeting clients and explaining the advice process.
- Conduct an interview to asses the breadth of the problem.
- Identify the appropriate next steps for the client with the session supervisor.
- Arrange appointments with a specialist caseworker, or other agency if appropriate.
- Source information from specialist CAB information systems and other means.
- Clearly explain the options and consequences available to the client.
- Give assistance to make telephone calls, write letters or complete forms.
- Where appropriate, support clients to deal with the issue themselves.
- Update the client records on computer systems.