It is important for you to know that your affairs will be treated in total confidence and no one will be contacted, or any information given about you, without your permission.
- Help you get an accurate picture of your income and the money you owe, even payments you are not behind with. This will allow us to show your creditors that any offers made to them are realistic.
- Check if you are liable for all of your debts and if you are receiving all the benefits and tax credits due to you.
- Aim to deal with any emergencies e.g. court action or eviction straight away.
- Discuss with you the payments that you should make as a priority.
- Once your finances are under control we will help you to deal with creditors yourself.
We will not:
- Tell you what to do but we will explain the options available to you and help you to decide.
- While we are acting on your behalf you must inform us of any developments, especially any that refer to court action, bailiffs or bankruptcy.
- It is also important that you inform us of any changes in your financial situation. If you take out any further credit while CAB is helping you with you financial difficulties, this may jeopardise negotiations with your creditors.
If you don't understand - please ask.