The website entitledto.co.uk has published a report to show that in February 2020 £16 billion pounds of benefits went unclaimed. This means that millions of people are missing out on income including Child Tax and Working Tax credits, housing benefit and child benefit.
Looking at ways in which you can increase your income is one of the first ways you can boost your financial wellbeing. This can be by applying for benefits, selling unused items or applying for a grant.
Click on the headings below to find out more information on how you can increase your income:
- Check you’re claiming all the benefits and tax credits you’re entitled to
- Check whether you’re able to claim disability or ill health benefits
- Check whether you’re able to apply for a grant from a charity or benevolent fund
- Check to see if you can get any help with school costs
- Can you sell items you own? You could use websites like Ebay or Gumtree. Try to shop around to make sure you achieve the best price possible.
- Can you find a job or increase your hours? Estimate your tax to find out how your income could change and check how this change will affect any benefits you receive
- Are you eligible for help with savings if you’re on a low income?